Weston has a number of useful links to emergency preparedness information on the Town’s website.
The Weston MRC (Medical Reserve Corps) is selling emergency preparedness kits for $60. You can purchase one by dropping off a check (made out to the Town of Weston) at the Board of Health at Town Hall.
- Red backpack
- Emergency guide
- 51-piece first aid kit
- 10′x12′ tarp
- Tube tent (2 man)
- Poncho with hood
- Whistle with lanyard
- Waterproof box of matches
- 50′ nylon cord
- AM/FM hand crank radio/flashlight/strobe/cellphone charger
- Thermal blankets made of insulated mylar that reflects back 90% of body heat, waterproof and windproof
- Instant ice pack
- Leather palm work gloves
- Safety goggles
- Strip of 10 water purification tablets
- Dust masks
- Light sticks
- Multi-function knife
- Coast Guard approved ER food bars
This is meant to be a starter kit! You should add anything else that
your particular family may need in case of an emergency.